EMJMD scholarships coverage
The Scholarship covers the following category of costs:
The participation fees are entirely covered for students who are EMJMD scholarship holders; they are transferred to the Coordinator directly by the EACEA.
- €1 000 per student/month covering life expenses for the whole duration of the NANOMED EMJMD (regardless of the country of origin)
IMPORTANT : The payment of the monthly allocation can only occur at the end of the first month so we kindly advise the students to anticipate their expenses upon arrival (paying for security deposit, for the rent, for transportation). Scholarship holders are not allowed to receive this allocation if :
- They spend study/research/placement/thesis preparation periods in their previous country of residence;
- They spend study/research/placement/thesis preparation periods in a Partner Country exceeding three months (indicatively the equivalent of 15 ECTS).
Contribution to the travel and installation
- €1 000 per academic year per scholarship holder resident in a Programme Country for travel costs
- €2 000 per academic year for travel costs + €1 000 for installation costs for a scholarship holder resident in a Partner Country located at less than 4 000 km from the coordinating Higher Education Institute
- €3 000 per academic year for travel costs + €1 000 for installation costs for a scholarship holder resident in a Partner Country located at 4 000 km or more from the coordinating Higher Education Institute
IMPORTANT : the payment of the travel and installation costs allocation can only occur at the end of the first month of the programme so we kindly advise the students to anticipate their expenses on the first month of arrival (paying for security deposit, for the rent, for transportation)
Health & travel insurance
International health and accident insurance complying with at least the minimum requirements for Erasmus Mundus Master Courses. Currently, the insurance provided to the students is the PROTRIP-WORLD-PLUS insurance of Dr. Walter’s insurance company.
To find out more about the coverage, please check the following links:
Distribution of the EMJMD scholarships
Programme country students
Sept. 2020- July 2022 : 2
Sept. 2021- July 2023 : 2
Sept. 2022- July 2024 : 2
Sept. 2023- July 2025 : 2
Partner country students
Sept. 2020- July 2022 : 13
Sept. 2021- July 2023 : 13
Sept. 2022- July 2024 : 13
Sept. 2023- July 2025 : 13
Erasmus+ Programme Country students:
- A student whose nationality is one of the EU countries or one of the non-EU countries that have established a National Erasmus + Agency and which participates fully in the Erasmus+ Programme
- A student who is a Partner country citizen but who has spent in the last 5 years more than 12 months in a Programme country.
Erasmus + Partner country students:
A student whose nationality is one of the country which does not participate fully in the Erasmus+ programme (for the EMJMDs any non-Erasmus+ Programme Country is considered as ‘Partner Country’).
Important selection rules for EMJMD scholarships
- Students with a double nationality from either a Partner or a Programme Country must specify the nationality under which they submit their scholarship application
- Geographical balance: a maximum of 3 students with the same nationality can be selected as scholarship holders per intake
- A student can benefit only once from an Erasmus Mundus scholarship. If you already benefited from one, you can only apply to the NANOMED EMJMD as a self-funded student and are not eligible for an EMJMD Scholarship. Please note that you will be asked to declare this on the application form. In the event of false declarations, you will be asked to return the scholarship paid.
- If the applicant is selected for more than one EMJMD, he/she must decide which one he/she wants to follow.
Joining the EMJMD NANOMED as a Self Funded student :
other sources of funding
Students who do not obtain an EMJMD Scholarship may also reapply to us during the Self Funded application session. Given the limited number of available EMJMD scholarships, we strongly encourage applicants to look for and apply to other types of funding to cover their Participation Fees and living expenses. Governmental scholarship agencies may therefore consider to fund highly motivated and excelling applicants to the NANOMED Master programme.
We advise you to use your network of fellow students, compatriots and knowledge about funding opportunities in your country of origin when looking for alternative scholarships (ex: international bilateral agreements, CONACYT (for Mexican students) and many other specific scholarships that can suit your study or career plan). You can also contact the Erasmus Mundus Association to seek advice from former Erasmus Mundus students.
There are also scholarships which are linked specifically to our universities such as the MIEM scholarship from the University of Paris, and the MAECI (Ministero degli Affari Esteri e della Cooperazione Internazionale) in Italy. Please look at the timing of applications for these scholarships (it may be necessary for you to apply for the scholarship before the Self funded application session opens). Additionally, Campus France offers the Eiffel scholarship in France (to apply to this scholarship you need to hand your application in November of the previous year).
You may also enquire in the French embassy of your country; several embassies sometimes offer scholarships to excellent students wishing to undertake their higher education in France.
À lire aussi
We are pleased to announce that the 4th NANOMED Workshop will be organized by the Université d'Angers ! It will take place on the 7th, 8th and 9th of July 2021. This edition of the workshop will focus on Translational Nanomedicines and is a wonderful...
The application session for EMJMD NANOMED Scholarships for the intake of 2022-2024 will open between Nov 14th 2021 to Jan 15th 2022. Please find more information on the procedure and eligibility in the Applications tab.
The application session for EMJMD NANOMED Scholarships for the intake of 2023-2025 will open between November 14th 2022 to January 15th 2023. Please find more information on the procedure and eligibility in the Applications tab.
Congratulations to our Nanomed students for their recent publications ! This month we are extremely happy to announce that two of our students have seen their traineeship work with us accepted for publication. 1. Dermatillomania: Strategies for...